Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Scott's Disc Making Video and NW Nature

I'm glad we went for that swim yesterday as the weather is not quite so beautiful today. Today I wanted to post Scott's video clip of Making Lampwork Discs. Scott has made a series of very informative video clips and will be posting them to YouTube periodically to help show his tools in action, to give you helpful tips and techniques, and to plant the seed of his desire to become a travelling teacher. Yes, I know I'm his wife, but I really have to say that I truly beleive that he is a natural born teacher. He is interesting, scientific, fun, warm, and very smart. I have seen him teaching/demo-ing and I really think he does a great job. I also hear the comments from people after and they are sure to point out to him that they enjoyed it and learned a lot. So, if you could be so kind as to help by mentioning his name to your local glass studio if you'd like to have him visit as a teacher. What he can teach does not always have to relate to using his tools. Well, here is the clip and below I've posted some fun Starfish photos that the boys and I took while exploring Larrabee State Park in Bellingham, WA. This first photo shows a larger starfish (about 10x10 inches) and the other one is a mini or baby one. I've never seen one this small!! Until next time....ciao!






No comments: